Brief introduction of the Institute
Since its beginning and for more than 60 years IMK assists the development of economy by providing the technical support in the process of design, execution and quality control during the design, construction and maintenance of steel construction buildings of power plants and power transmission lines, industrial buildings and infrastructure objects. With its professional personnel IMK provides complete technical support in the field of design, construction and examination of steel constructions:
- supervision during the production and assembly
- destructive and non-destructive testing of construction materials, construction products and construction elements
- loading examination of constructions,
- certification of welders and welding procedures,
- certification of factory production control according to standard EN 1090-1,
- certification of factory production control for structural products.
IMK continues its business following the long tradition. In accordance with its initial mission IMK strives to stay in touch with the development in its field of activity and to ensure continuous education for its employees, with the aim to provide high-quality service to the Institute’s business partners.
The management system of IMK complies with the standard ISO 9001 and is certified in the scope of: research and development, design, technical consultancy and inspection, testing of materials and constructions, quality assurance and quality control of metal constructions and mechanical equipment.
The following specific standards are integrated in the management system of IMK, as well:
- EN ISO/IEC 17025 – mechanical testing;
- EN ISO/IEC 17024 – certification of welders;
- EN ISO/IEC 17065 – certification of factory production control and certification of welding procedures.