On the basis of long-term professional work and ongoing involvement in the execution of complex investment projects, IMK has acquired and developed extensive knowledge in the field of steel structures.
Knowledge is continuously transferred on to new generations of employees. In addition, this knowhow is carefully archived at IMK as research and development tasks, project documentation, expert opinions, and reports on and tests of structural inspections.
Head of the Technical consulting and supervision dept.
+386 1 280 21 14
+386 31 382 698
The services carried out by IMK within the process of technical consulting are:
- Reviews of the technical documentation
- Consulting: design and construction of steel structures
- Condition assessment of the steel structures and equipment in operation
- Condition assessment of the steel structures and equipment after the extraordinary events
- Expertise and expert opinions on the causes of failure of the structure or equipment
- Expertise and expert opinions in the field of corrosion protection
- Power line 110 kV Maribor – Cirkovce (2013)
- Review: Telecomunication base stations Telekom (2013),
- Review of the PZI: »Rehabilitation of water supply network of sanitary hot and cold tap water at the Oncology Institute of Ljubljana "- Comments on the designer's answers (2013),
- Review of the PZI: »Rehabilitation of water supply network of sanitary hot and cold tap water at the Oncology Institute of Ljubljana ",
- Review of the Bidding documentation for the manufacture and installation of the steel structures: Powerline 110+20kV RTP Železniki - RTP Bohinj (2013),
- Expert evaluation of tender documents for the construction and delivery of two steel structures of the powerline towers : 2x110 kV Črnuče – Kleče and 2x110 kV TE TOL – Črnuče (2013),
- Review of the project documentation: Stadium and sport arena Stožice (2012),
- Review of the project documentation for Nuclear power plant Krško: Engineering Information Record, Document No:51-9124345-000, Krško PZR Nozzle WOL Engineering Methodology Document (2010),
- Expert opinion on aluminium clamps TX1K-220C and their suitability regarding the prescribed installation conditions (2010),
- Review of the project documentation: Hangar for the maintenance at airport Airbus- Adria Brnik (2005)
- Ribja brv – footbridge
- Špica - bridge
- Consulting for dismantle of the bridge "Mrtvaški most" in Ljubljana and reconstruction, revitalisation and assembly on new location with the new name "Hradeckega most" (2011)
- Revitalisation of the road bridge Kandija in Novo mesto
- Condition assessment of the antenna tower MB-Boč (2014)
- Condition assessment of the load bearing steel structure "Shipping arm for JET fuel" on the coast of the silo at the PC European Energy Terminal in the Port of Koper (2014)
- Condition assessment of the steel structures: Supporting poles for the Cable car Žekovec, Golte (2012)
- Condition assessment : Water supply network of sanitary hot and cold tap water at the buildings D, E and H and opinion on the causes of the increased content of iron and rust particles in drinking water (2009)
- Condition and damage assessment of the power line DV 2x110 kV Dravograd – Velenje: section damaged due sleet SM 88 – SM 123 (2014)
- Condition and damage assessment of the power line DV 2x110 kV Pivka-Postojna, SM15 - SM60 (2014)
- Condition and damage assessment of the power line DV 110 kV Cerkno – Idrija, SM17, SM16, SM15, SM14, SM12, SM34, SM 35 and SM36 (2014)
- Condition and damage assessment of the power line DV 220 kV Kleče – Divača, SM105-110, SM120-122, SM1124-129, SM139 and SM151 (2014)
- Condition and damage assessment of the power line DV 400 kV Beričevo – Divača, SM113-123, SM126-135 and SM176-177 (2014)
- Condition and damage assessment after the fire: Gorenje Galvanika (2000)
- The investigation of the root causes of collapse of the locomotive driving axle (2014)
- Investigation of corrosion degradation of pipe connection to the pump (2014)
- Analysis of steel hydraulic pipe of the loader Volvo L 350 F and opinion regarding the cause of the fracture (perforation) of the tube (2013)
- The investigation of cracks of the wheelsets axles of freight wagons (2006)
- Glassworks Hrastnik porch - collapse (2005), expert opinion
- BTC porch - collapse (2000), expert opinion
- Petrol station AGIP Moor - collapse (2000), expert opinion
- Expert assessment of savings in the execution of additional corrosion protection on the 2x400 kV Beričevo - Krško in conjunction with the change of location and technology application (2014)
- Elaborat za izvedbo zaščite požarno zaščitnega premaza Fireblock 2010 na površinah nosilnih jeklenih elementov konstrukcije dvokapne strehe objekta Medicinske fakultete, Univerza v Ljubljani (2013)
- Assesment of the existing corrosion protection of the load-bearing steel structures of the boiler room A-F72-5 in Heating plant (TOŠ) and a proposal for renovation of the corrosion protection (2013)
- Assesment of corrosion protection of power lines and relay stations in Kosovo - 2013 (KOSTT sh.a., Priština)
- Assesment of existing corrosion protection of steel structures: garage Mercator Grosuplje with a proposal for reconstruction of the corrosion protection system (2010)
Expert consultancy during the construction of complex public buildings
Expert consultancy related to the construction of the supporting steel roof structure of the Stožice sports hall and stadium (Ljubljana).
Consultancy during assembly of the load-bearing steel construction of the airport terminal in Yerevan.
Condition assessment of steel structures and equipment after extraordinary events
Condition and damage assessment of power lines damaged due to sleet and co-preparation of rehabilitation programs and supervision of the remediation implementation process.
Powerline 400 kV Beričevo – Divača
Condition assessment of the steel structures and equipment in operation:
Steel structures require periodic inspections during the course of their life. Such periodic checks must be carried out by a specialist for steel structures. Frequency of inspections is generally related to intended use and operating conditions. IMK, with its experts for steel structures, carry out periodic inspections of all types of steel structures. Findings of the review are documented in the report, complete with warnings or recommendations for various actions in cases where the structure has been damaged or in cases of other imperfections.
Owners or users of structures are often unaware of the obligation to regularly inspect steel structures, or engage non-competent experts.
Expertise and expert opinions on causes of failure or damage to the structure or equipment
Damage to the structure, parts or equipment can occur in the course of construction, or during regular use or in cases where the structure actually fails or collapses. IMK is often engaged as an expert party, with full competences to investigate the circumstances of any shortcomings and to identify the causes any such events. IMK typically provides an opinion and recommends corrective action if the disruption is the result of systemic errors. Contracting entities for such expert services are typically investors, users, or the courts. Clients engage IMK because all have a common goal – which is to achieve their investigative objectives and gain an expert, actionable opinion.